|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Seiyū||Mutsumi Tamura (Japanese)|
Leah Clark (English)
Mariana Torres (Portuguese)
AppearanceKobayashi has red hair and hazel brown dead fish eyes. She wears glasses and is usually seen tying her hair up in a ponytail. She is flat-chested, a physical trait which frustrates her to the point of grumbling over the female dragons' ample busts when in their human forms. In one of her drunken escapades, she demands that Tohru or Lucoa share some of their "blessing" with her.
Her office attire comprises of a white button-up shirt, a tie, and dark slacks. During her off-duty hours, she puts on either a light blue button-up shirt, a hoodie, a yellow tee or a light-brown cardigan with a white shirt underneath.
Prior to meeting Tohru, Kobayashi would don a stoic expression on her face. Now, she is more approachable and open to others, often seen smiling contentedly.
Though Kobayashi maintains a cool demeanor, she has been regarded as kind-hearted and reliable among her friends and colleagues. Level-headed and pragmatic, she stands as the source of reason when dealing with her dragon friends.
However, when intoxicated, Kobayashi has a tendency to become rowdy and aggressive, especially in her interests in maids and is not above subjecting Tohru to her drunken whims.
Very little has been mentions about Kobayashi's childhood, other than that both her parents worked so she never had both her parents come to her schools sports festivals. That, and when she was in elementary school, she was always asking for burgers.
Initially, Kobayashi often chastised Tohru for her lack of propriety on human standards. However, as time passes by, she grows accustomed to Tohru's quirks and would sometimes show small signs of affection and gratitude for the dragon, such as holding Tohru's hand or going out of her way to fulfill some of Tohru's wishes to ease her troubles. When Tohru's father demanded that the dragon returns to their world, Kobayashi defended Tohru and risked her life for her.
As of Chapter 48, it is confirmed that Kobayashi has begun to return Tohru's feelings of a more romantic nature.
Kobayashi appears to care a great deal for Kanna, going so far as to work until midnight for an entire week to get a day off to go to her school's sports festival as her guardian. Kobayashi inadvertently becomes Kanna's mother figure, as seen when she looks over Kanna's studies and school activities and praises Kanna by either patting her head or spoiling her with treats and gifts.
Takiya is Kobayashi's colleague and close friend. The two would often discuss their interests in maids and butlers over drinks, either at a local bar or Kobayashi's apartment. They are close enough to ask each other for help or favors on matters outside of work.
- By coincidence or design, Kobayashi shares a name with Takeru Kobayashi, a real-world competitive eater.
- A recurring gag in the show is that she appears to experience chronic pain in her lower back.
- It is later revealed due to her terrible posture as she works.
- She "can't do" Hijiki or eggplant, suggesting either that she dislikes them or is allergic (likely the former).
- She enjoys a brand of alcohol known as Dragonslayer, a bottle of which she shared with Tohru when they met.
- By Tohru's own comments, her being able to remove the Sword of God from the dragon suggests that she is not particularly faithful in a religious sense.
- She doesn't speak with or see her family often, but is on good terms with them.
- She can be a little mischievous, as seen when she manipulates Tohru's feelings for her to get her to clean more.
- She can be seen as a Kuudere.
- In the manga, Vol 5. Chapter 47: Tohru and Maid cafe. Kobayashi states that when she used to live with her parent, she worked at a restaurant. Becoming quite frightening when she tells Tohru about her experience with the service industry.